There are three options for states to provide access to the Affordable Care Act, and it is important to understand which type is being offered in your state. Visit the Get State Information page on HealthCare.gov to determine your state’s approach – this could connect your library to resources such as cost calculators, local enrollment support and informational brochures that are specific to your state.
Feel free to share these links with other community partners that might be interested in these opportunities.
- The CMS.gov Health Insurance Marketplace website includes a training calendar of free webinars in August and September, for those who wish to learn more about the basics of the Health Insurance Marketplace. You can sign-up for ongoing updates at the site.
- CMS has information about how to become a Champion for Coverage and how to apply to become a Certified Application Counselor Organization.
- The Institute of Medicine has a resource center to help consumers understand and make health insurance decisions about the Affordable Care Act. Additional materials for download appear on the right hand side of the page.
- A summary of the 7/26 WebJunction webinar on Libraries and Health Insurance – Preparing for October 1, including access to the full webinar archive, is now available.
- The Blackfoot Public Library in Idaho was recently featured in local news for their efforts to prepare for ACA requests! See how they are preparing here.
You can sign-up to get important news and updates on the main page of HealthCare.gov.