Sign up for our Summer Reading Challenges is now open!
Sign up online for Kids Reading Challenge or at the library.
Tickets for Teen and Adult Reading Challenge are at the library...
This summer at the library it's all about being active to strengthen both bodies and minds!
Kid’s Reading Challenge - On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!
Online sign up is open now! Or sign up at the library!
Ready for Summer library fun? Here is what to do:
1. Read or be read to 20 minutes a day and color in a pennant in your record.
2. When all 7 pennants are completed bring in your reading record.
3. Pick a prize from the prize cart.
4. Have fun and read a lot!
Adult & Teen Reading Challenge
Pick up a ticket at the library today!
How it works:
1. Just read a book - anything you like. Best sellers, the classics, science fiction, graphic novels, histories, romance - it's up to you. E-books, books on tape or CD, and downloadable audio books count too!
2. Come into the library and fill out a ticket with your name, contact info, and the title of the book.
3. Place the ticket into a drawing for 1 of 4 great prizes. The adult and teen reading challenges have the same rules, but different prizes.
4. Participants can enter two tickets per week. The prize drawings will be held at the end of July. Participants do not need to be present to win.
Storytime at Pioneer Park
Every Thursday at 10am - June 9th - August 18th
Join us at the park for stories and playgroup. All ages welcome, recommended age 0-4.
Lego’s @ the Library
June 21st at 6pm, July 19th at 6pm, & August 16th at 6pm
We have the Lego’s, we need the builders!
Wednesday Summer Library Program Series
Wed. June 15th at 2pm
Kids will learn basic yoga moves in a fun encouraging environment. Yoga can increase kids flexibility, strength, and coordination, while challenging their minds.
Get Active: Exercise Your Mind & Body
Wed. June 22nd at 2pm
Get active and stay active! UW-Extension summer intern Lindsay will be visiting the library to exercise both minds and bodies.
Art in a Suitcase (Sponsored by The Friends of the Library)
Wed. June 29th at 2pm
Art in a Suitcase will be exercising kids’ bodies and brains. Cheetahs, hares, hummingbirds, flamingos, fleas, crickets and lizards are among the record breaking animals featured. After learning terrific and true animal facts, the group will try to run like a cheetah, hop like a hare, flap as fast as a hummingbird and imitate other animal actions. The hour concludes with a brain exercise; creating an origami cheetah to take home.
Wed. July 6th at 2pm
Come get your feet wet learning about the non-native organisms causing problems in our lakes and streams. Hands on activities will include plant identification of native and invasive species, an interactive game that imagines you as a plant, and opportunities to use your new knowledge to recognize plants from your favorite lake.
Youth Yoga, Part 2
Wed. July 13th at 2pm
Kids will learn more yoga moves in a fun encouraging environment. Yoga can increase kids flexibility, strength, and coordination, while challenging their minds.
Magician Jeff McMullen (Sponsored by the Westfield Lions Club)
Wed. July 20th at 2pm
"The Magic of Laughter...Ready, Set, Read!" is just what the doctor ordered for a healthy mindset. Jeff shares through magic, the value of making good decisions, why it's important to laugh and how having a healthy mindset is important at home, in school, and of course in sports as a good teammate. Attitude is everything!
Wed. July 27th at 2pm
LEGOS! ROBOTS! What else needs to be said?!
Other area events to stay active on Saturday, June 11th:
Dairylicious Days Run/Walk
Registration at 8am
Race Begins at 9am
Westfield Saunter Hike
Saunter Stick Making at 12:30pm
Saunter Hike at 1pm